I believe that every individual has it within themselves to overcome the majority of their struggles. They just need some help. My job as your therapist is to foster this healing process. I will not tell you what you must do, but I will assist you in finding the solution for yourself. As the old saying goes, “You can’t see the forest through the trees,” I will help you to see the forest.
Through a variety of different methods including traditional “talk therapy,” skills building, or hypnosis, we will work together to help you lead a more satisfying, fulfilling life.
Psychotherapy through any of these methods may help you:
• Understand yourself and your personal goals and values better.
• Develop skills for improving relationships.
• Overcome problems such as eating disorders, addictions, depression, and anxiety.
• Manage symptoms of medical problems (chronic pain, IBS, cancer, etc.).
• Lead a more fulfilling life despite life circumstances.
While I treat a full range of issues, I have a particular interest in working with people who have Chronic Pain and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Psychotherapy can be beneficial to deal with the stress and relationship issues that are often associated with having a chronic medical condition. Hypnosis is a unique tool that provides a comfortable form of treatment that is relaxing, easy, and generally enjoyable. Hypnosis uses the healing powers of one’s own mind. Studies are showing that the response rate to hypnosis treatment for IBS is 80%.